ROE Disco Chips by Sam Schwab
- 2 organic idaho potatoes, thinly sliced 1/8"
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, small dice
- 4-5 dollops creme fraiche
- 30g Roe caviar
- (optional) handful of microgreens for plating
- (optional) drizzle of chimichurri for plating (recipe below)
Instructions for Disco Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375FThinly slice potatoes on a mandolin in 1/8" rounds. Transfer to a lined sheet tray and lightly coat with olive oil and sea salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Once chips have cooled, top with dollops of creme fraiche, chives, red onion, and Roe caviar. For a beautiful presentation, top with a handful of microgreens and a drizzle of chimichurri.
- Enjoy immediately!
Ingredients for Chimichurri
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, grated on a microplane
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- dash of red pepper flakes
Instructions for Chimichurri
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl, mix to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Note: the olive oil will solidify in the refrigerator and this is totally normal!