Rich and full of flavor, this Caviar Butternut Squash Soup with creme fraiche will warm you right up. Perfect for festive nights and holiday dinner menus.
1 butternut squash (3 lbs)
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ginger, finely minced
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 tablespoons brown sugar
3 cups vegetable stock
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the butternut squash lengthwise and remove seeds. Rub with olive oil and roast on the baking sheet for 1 hour, until tender. Remove the squash from its skin.
- In a pot, saute onions with 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add ginger and garlic. Saute and stir till fragrant, around 30 seconds.
- Add broth and let boil. Once boiling, add squash and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and blend in a food processor till smooth.
- Split between 4 bowls, top with creme fraiche and caviar before serving.