A robust pomodoro sauce and a savory curly pasta dish for ROE Caviar fans.
1 box Cavatappi Pasta
2 cups of diced tomatoes
1 cup Onions, diced
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup grated Parmigiana-Regano Cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch fresh basil
6-8 cherry tomatoes for topping
1. Boil water and prepare pasta according to directions on box.
2. In a saucepan, heat olive oil. When hot, add garlic and allow to brown for a few minutes.
3. Add diced onions to sauce pan, stirring until softened.
4. Add tomato paste and tomatoes, stirring occasionally and allowing the sauce to simmer until thickened.
5. Incorporate 1/2 cup of cheese into tomato sauce mixture.
6. Drain pasta and pour tomato sauce over, and dust with remaining grated cheese.
7. Toss cherry tomatoes and basil into pasta dish.
8. Top with ROE Caviar.