Breakfast in bed gets an upgrade with these red velvet pancakes, topped with ROE Caviar. A little bit of cake batter and a cream cheese glaze melds the richest flavors together for an unforgettable treat.
Recipe adapted from gimmedelicious' Cake Batter Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Syrup.
- 2 cups red velvet cake mix
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1¼ cup milk or water
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat nonstick skillet and set cream cheese out to get to room temperature.
- Combine dry ingredients for pancakes together: flour and cake batter.
- Mix milk and eggs, and stir in cake batter little by little until consistency of batter is thick and smooth.
- Drop by spoonful onto skillet, flip when small bubbles come through to the top.
- Prepare cream cheese glaze: place cream cheese, powdered sugar into a bowl and mix in milk until desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze onto stack of pancakes, then top with ROE Caviar.