- 2 lbs of littleneck clams (can also use cockles or Manila clams)
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Chopped, fresh, flat leaf or Italian parsley
- 8 oz. dried italian spaghetti
- ½ glass of white wine
1. Bring large stock pot of salted water to a boil. Don’t be shy with the salt! Your pasta water should taste like the sea. Boil pasta, and cook until 2 minutes before tender. Drain and reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Meanwhile, submerge clams in a bowl with cold water, and add a pinch of flour. Let sit for a few minutes and they will discard any grit or sand. Scrub, drain and rinse clams and set aside.
2. Heat saucepan or skillet over medium heat and add swirl of olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook until just golden. Add white wine and clams, increase heat, cover and cook until clams open, about 4-6 minutes depending on their size.
3. Once open, remove clams from the pan and set aside. Add half of the pasta water and toss in spaghetti, stirring constantly until the pasta soaks up most of the juices. Add clams and all of their juices, parsley and toss to combine. Serve topped with generous spoonfuls of ROE Caviar.